[Testing] Community test meeting this Thursday

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Mon Oct 27 21:56:00 EDT 2008

Hey, everyone.

There's been radio silence from the test group lately, I know - I'd like
to start up regular community test meetings on IRC as a way of (1)
having a regular time/place to check in on what everyone is doing, (2)
give you folks an opportunity to bring up any
questions/ideas/criticisms/praise (...I hope we're doing *some* things
well!) that you might have, and (3) giving me a regular and specific
time and date to be accountable to you folks - the community we're
working with - on the things that OLPC QA can do to help you from this side.

Let's try the first one at Thursday at 5pm-6pm EST (2100-2200 UTC),
#olpc-meeting. Much, much more detailed agenda here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_meetings/20081030

I know this meeting time isn't the greatest for people in the US that
have full-time jobs, and that this is short notice - but it's a start.
If you can't make this time, please leave your notes on the agenda wiki
page, find me on IRC (OFTC or Freenode, nick = mchua), send me an email,
and *make sure* I know what you're thinking so we can be sure to bring
up your ideas and perspectives during this first meeting. It is an IRC
meeting, so if you need help getting on IRC beforehand (or if you don't
know what IRC is yet), let me know.

Notes will be published that same night, and we'll ask for feedback on
how the meeting went and how to do communications better next time. My
guess is that this first meeting will be full of chaos and we won't get
to all the discussion points we want - I'm going to be strict about
cutting us off at one hour (please help hold me to this).

Thanks for your patience this far - hope to see you at the first
community test meeting!

--
Mel Chua
QA/Support Engineer