[Testing] Fwd: WLG test group summary

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Nov 24 19:41:27 EST 2008

On 24 Nov 2008, at 22:16, Rebecca Hargrave Malamud wrote:

> Hello, Gary!
>
> Thank you for the accurate assessment of the bookreader demo -
>
> The bundle you refer to is for downloading locally to the XO,
> however it currently only contains low resolution images for demo
> purposes only. We need to finalize what content that will be, or
> automate the process to allow users to select the content for the
> bundle.
>
> To see the bookreader with fully functioning content, go to:
>
> http://openlibrary.org/olpc/bookreader
>
> And I see your point on the bookshelf mode. I have been examining
> other bookreaders, and am intrigued by the page view presented by
> the ICDL:
>
> http://www.icdlbooks.org/icdl/BookReader?bookid=ronnadi_00480012&twoPage=false&route=text&size=0&fullscreen=false&pnum1=1&lang=English
>
> I could see something very similar as a collections view for our
> bookreader (I am not sure I care for viewing a book in an exploded
> fashion like this, but some people might!)

Not keen on this exploded page fashion, but if you back up a little on
the breadcrum link to full book list, that's more what I was thinking
for the default view. Another good example of a shelf metaphor is
Delicious Monsters, Delicious Library. Here's a screen shot (it does
more than just books on shelves, but you'll get the idea):

	http://www.delicious-monster.com/images/librarypage/screenshots/Delicious-Library.png

> We are also working on zoom-to-fit, plus I have received feedback
> that a two-page  view is preferred by default.

The page turning is a nice touch (though I've yet to test on an XO).

> Thank you so much for your feedback - we have a bug tracker for the
> bookreader here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnubook/

Are you OK with feature requests going into your bug tracker? I know
this can be a cardinal sin to some developers.

Regards,
--Gary