[Testing] Fwd: WLG test group summary

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Nov 23 11:24:43 EST 2008

Hi Tabitha,

On 23 Nov 2008, at 08:40, Tabitha Roder wrote:

> try to test bookreader as per the developer request - got confused
> as to what this was - can display books but cant see how this is XO
> activity yet?

I did get a chance for a quick look at the content** but not much time
testing on an XO yet. I think the goal here is for the content to be
both a set website content designed to work well with the XO via an
internet connection (or off a local school-server); and as an xo
library bundle so that kids without internet/school access can read
the material directly off their XO's nand.

The two main links Rebecca (hello!) included in her email was a direct
link to the demo:

	http://openlibrary.org/static/olpc_bundle/openlibrary/

And a link to a xo library bundle:

	http://openlibrary.org/static/olpc_bundle/openlibrary.xol

I've not  (my apologies) yet tried to install the library bundle, but
if it's correctly formed, it's content should appear in the left side
bar of the default page that Browse activity shows.

**My only UI thoughts were that it should 1). start in a 'bookshelf'
mode showing all the book covers (in a grid, with up/down scrolling if
there are more shelves); 2). The book view should default to fill the
screen in page by page mode (not as the current long vertical list of
every page as a thumbnail).

Regards,
--Gary