[Testing] Displaying testing metrics in motivating ways

S Page info at skierpage.com
Thu Nov 20 09:00:37 EST 2008

> Mel Chua wrote:
> 2. What tools can we construct/repurpose/use to automate #1?

I created a Google Docs spreadsheet for test results and put some actual
test case results in it, see
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pw29kBR10gwTKfMq18XvNVw

There's an editable version, see
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_testing_meetings/2008-11-06/Displaying_testing_metrics_in_motivating_ways>
first.

* You can indeed make a fill-in form that adds a row to a spreadsheet,
but I didn't get that to work reliably, let alone automatically add date
of test, username, etc.  Ideally a test case would have a button that
takes you to the form/spreadsheet, adds a new row, and pre-fills as much
as it can.

>> 1. Which data/metrics do our stakeholders want to see? In what format,
>> with what frequency?
* What metrics do you want?
The only one I see on that wiki page is a count of test runs for each
activity.  Maybe a graph of testing activity.

I wish I could remember the person with whom I discussed this at OLPC,
they said they were an Excel wizard.

Maybe we can talk about this in the meeting?

Goodnight!
--
=S