[Testing] How To Test An Activity instructions (testers needed!)

S Page info at skierpage.com
Sun Nov 16 17:46:15 EST 2008

Mel Chua wrote:
> A new draft of the How To Test An Activity page
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_test_an_Activity) is up, and needs
> testers!

That's great, but don't forget the "Activity testing
project/matrix/guide/template" pages that all seem OBSOLETE yet are
still prominently featured in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Test-nav on lots of pages.

Instead of creating the beautiful
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Community_testing, I think you should
have updated Template:Test-nav , which has broken and obsolete links.

I know it's hard, but existing pages **have to be adapted or deleted**.
  Otherwise wikis become completely unmanageable and useless, because
every search, every category, every "see also" is mostly old irrelevant
stuff.

I guessed at merge/obsolete status for "Activity testing
project/matrix/guide/template" and put notes and obsolete on them, I put
Community testing in category:Testing, and I hacked at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing to reflect current reality ("For the
latest tests, see Update.1 tests." -- sigh).

Janitorially yours,
--
=S Page