[Testing] How To Test An Activity instructions (testers needed!)

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Tue Nov 11 15:07:03 EST 2008

A new draft of the How To Test An Activity page
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_test_an_Activity) is up, and needs
testers!

If you are interested in testing, please grab an Activity (see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities to choose one), reply-all to this
message so we know what Activities you're testing, and walk through
steps 1
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_test_an_Activity#Pick_an_Activity>, 2
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_test_an_Activity#Look_at_existing_resources>,
and 3
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_test_an_Activity#Product_and_Oracle_.28wiki_page.29>,
which are the ones that are currently complete. (Since each section
builds on the ones before, I wanted to get feedback on the current draft
first before building more.) Leave your comments on the talk page
<http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Talk:How_to_test_an_Activity&action=edit>.
This will encourage me to finish this page and make it better, faster.

It would be great to get this feedback before our next Community Testing
meeting, which is on IRC in *#olpc-meeting* on November 13 (Thursday),
22:00UTC/5pmEST. Thanks to Brian Jordan and Greg Dekoenigsberg, who are
already trying these out for the Paint and Speak Activities!

If you're interested in helping out on these instructions, please jump
in and edit - feel free to grab me on IRC or email if you have
questions, or want a more specific bite-sized volunteer assignment (I
have many, and desperately need extra hands).

Thanks, everyone!

--
Mel Chua
QA/Support Engineer