[Testing] Are these wiki pages old/depreciated?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Nov 16 10:41:58 EST 2008

On 16 Nov 2008, at 07:17, Joseph A. Feinstein wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> To write a test case, go to: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Form:Test_case
>
> But before doing it, please take a look at: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Test_cases

Ahha, Thanks Joe, yes just what I was looking for.

So looking at examples with more than just the single default test
case, Chat seems to stand out as the most interesting example for me:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tests/Activity/Chat

Though it has an empty test case on that page (not too pretty), it
does some interesting wiki magic:

{{#ask: [[Category:Test cases]] [[System component::Chat]] |
format=embedded | embedformat=h4 | default=No articles found in
[[:Category:Test cases]] with [[Property:System component]] of
[[Chat]]? }}

...which auto pulls in any other Chat test cases (there happen to be
two others) into that single page:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tests/Activity/Chat/Private_chat
	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tests/Activity/Chat/Public_chat

Think it's very useful for testers to hit one known location [[Tests/
Activity/Chat]] and see all the cases they may want to run through.

Anyway, thinking out loud, my plan of action would seem to be:

* edit the default test case on [[Tests/Activity/Moon]] to be a more
friendly and Moon specific
* add above wiki magic to [[Tests/Activity/Moon]] incase separate test
case pages are later created
* consider if Moon needs any special test cases (I think not just now)
     * if it does, use the [[Form:Test_case]] to generate the new pages

Regards,
--Gary