[Testing] Are these wiki pages old/depreciated?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Nov 15 17:27:06 EST 2008

Hi Caryl,

On 15 Nov 2008, at 19:59, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> Hi...
>
> Interesting...it looks like I may be trying to reinvent the wheel.
> But, Mel's testing page has lots of other things to consider like
> oricles, how you learned to use the Activity, and the like.  Maybe
> we could all help Mel finish her testing page to be really user
> friendly and include everything important from all the other testing
> pages.  Then someone (Mel?) could kill all the old pages so that
> everything would be in one nice, neat, easy to find place.
>
> Caryl

I have to ask... which "Mel testing page" were you referring to – this
one? :-)

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tests/Activity/Analyze

I'm fairly sure this was the one specifically being worked on as a
test case (perhaps ~2 other activities were picked as well but I can't
remember which ones).

But back to your point, absolutely! A clean-up (try to merge, and/or
delete) of the old efforts would be a big help. Perhaps marking pages
for merging could be a fair first pass:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Merge

Also noticed a template for deprecated if data is just plain out of
date but needs to be kept for historical purposes:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Deprecated

If we get to a stage of 'deleting' I think the usual process (after
merging useful stuff) is to follow the "what links here" and correct
those pages so they point to the new authoritative page, modify the
old page and turn it into a redirect to the new (in case someone has
an old book-mark, google searchs, or perhaps that page name is what
people try to type when guessing).

Regards,
--Gary