[Testing] Browse, PDFs in recent builds

Adric Net adric at adric.net
Thu Jan 17 06:55:12 EST 2008

Hi all,

When I dig into the Biology library for the phyla or biomes PDFs on
joyride 1538
  ( I think it was the same on update.1 but I've got 684 and Browse
just doesn't launch )
I download the PDF, click Open, and it pops up the Journal with a
preview of the PDF.
I click Start  and it tries to open Read for sometime before failing.

This happened before. When I resume the Read of the PDF from Journal
it seems
to load okay. Although it won't now...

Okay log viewer of the Read shows me that they are fighting Rainbow
somehow,
and I'll follow that up.

What I was actually trying to ask is: shouldn't PDF download finished,
hit Open
go straight into Read (without showing the Journal)?

Another question on Read came up on #olpc-help. If you open a  PDF and
go to a page, and then try to keep the activity .. ou should be able
to, at lease
under a new name, right? This did not work for me at all (keep failed
warning
even) and the user reported that it didn't work on his 653.

Discuss ? :)

Adric Net
adric at adric.net