[Testing] Monday 1pm EST conf call mtg - Minutes, 1/14/08

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon Jan 14 14:28:40 EST 2008

We mainly focused on a review of Chih-yu's test cases for suspend and
resume, which is one of the major new features in Update1 (next code
release, scheduled for very early Feb). Please see the roadmap for feature
goals, bug fixes, and dates: http://dev.laptop.org/roadmap

Attending: Kim, Jim, Chih-yu, Kate

   - Joyride: 1535 is the correct version of 'update1' to test for now.
   Jim is still working on getting the official Update1.

   - PDF viewer (read) is unique in that it can suspend the machine
   immediately after rendering the page to save the most power. For Update1 the
   behavior we should be seeing is to render a page and then it should NOT go
   dim, but save battery life by background suspension. Need to check this with
   battery life tests.

   - Wireless packets should not change the screen brightness.

   - Chih-yu will add test case for eBook mode

   - We went through the details of Chih-yu's test cases and realized the
   requirements needed updating. Here is a link to the requirements page:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Requirements

   - Jim also mentioned for update1, we will get the same behavior with
   or without the power connection.

   - We didn't get to talk about the general case of testing and how the
   community can help -- let's put that on next week's agenda and I'll try to
   prepare some more docs to help people get started. For now, if you are
   interested in helping, please read the Test_issues page (
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_issues) and look for the Getting
   Started pointers.

- kim

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/TestMtg%2C_2008-01-14