[Testing] 8.2.1 testing update + "What do test managers do?"

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Wed Dec 24 11:56:13 EST 2008

Good morning!

A belated thanks to Kim, Ed, Michael, and Frances for spending so much
time yesterday giving me one of those "...whoa, I know kung fu!" moments
  about how we can better do release testing for 8.2.1 (and what release
testing is and how it can be improved, in general).

Notes from yesterday:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:Test_cases_8.2.1

And so I edited the test plan...
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_cases_8.2.1

And wrote up what I believe I'm responsible for now - and what I think
future release managers will also be responsible for, in their turn.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_manager

Comments, edits, questions, etc. are welcome - this is a continuing work
in progress, but we are... getting better.

--Mel