[Testing] Monday Ship Message, 2007-09-24

Tracy Price tracy at laptop.org
Mon Sep 24 16:53:39 EDT 2007

For the Wed 10am UI/Sugar  meeting and 3pm School Server meeting, take
Patmos and line #1, the dial info is at bottom.

thanks, tracy

"Kim Quirk" <kim at laptop.org>
Sent by: kim.quirk at gmail.com
09/24/2007 11:55 AM

"OLPC Development" <devel at lists.laptop.org>, "Sugar ml"
<sugar at laptop.org>, testing at laptop.org
cc
office at laptop.org
Subject
Monday Ship Message, 2007-09-24

           Ship update message for 2007-09-24

Schedule:
This week we are going to finalize the build for Trial-3. We are not
putting any more bug fixes in to the code base without approval from Jim
or Kim. Jim is reviewing all the bugs from the blocking status through
high priority to find the few that still need to be addressed. Kim is
looking at all the normal and low priority bugs with the intention of
finding a good future release for them. We are about a week behind where
we want to be and we expect to drop the first release of OFW (and OS) to
Quanta (mfg) at the end of this week.

The FRS schedule is right on the tail of this Trial-3 release. People who
are not working on the few critical bugs left in trial-3, please start in
on the bugs that have been moved into FRS. These fixes will need to be
checked into a different stream (Jim, can you provide direction?). It is
important that you have a place to check in and test; but these FRS fixes
should NOT go into the next Trial-3 build.

FRS code freeze is only 3 weeks from today.

Areas of Discussion this week:
Suspend/Resume updates
High priority Trial-3 bugs - journal (human readable names, backward
compatibility with v542), suspend/resume, activation and upgrades,
documenting or finding work-arounds for the rest
High priority small features for FRS
High priority/blocking bugs for FRS
Discussions on hiring (job descriptions available at the laptop.org
website)

Meeting schedule:
Monday 1pm EDT, test meeting (call in line1)
Monday 3pm EDT, multi-battery charger update (call in line 1)
Tuesday noon EDT, Journal and Tubes update [trial-3 and frs bugs/features]
(call in line1)
Tuesday 3pm EDT, Content IRC chat (is this the correct time, SJ?)
Tuesday 4pm EDT, Security update [as well as a general update we should
discuss testing activation, bentham, laptop upgrades, rainbow] (no call in
yet)
Tuesday 9pm EDT, Bug review IRC chat (Jim will send out email if this
time/day changes; we have been discussing different times every week to
give people a chance to attend who can't otherwise)
Wednesday 10am EDT, UI/Sugar design meeting (ask Eben for call in info)
Wednesday 3pm EDT, School server update (no call in yet)

Call in line1: From the United States
        866-213-2185
 From Outside the United States
        1-609-454-9914