[Testing] Ship Meeting Agenda, for 9/10/07 (today) 11am EDT

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:58:25 EDT 2007

(1) This is something that has been discussed on and off for a long time.
(2) It is not "officially" part of the plan of record.
(3) If it does become "official", everyone will be informed.

In the meantime,

parallel with Sugar team (and RH), Matthew Allum has been working on a
custom GTK+ panel to run window manager in the Sugar environment. This
project has been low profile, but certainly not stealth, and was
reported in Community News many months back.
(2) I've been in very preliminary discussions with Mike Evans about
the feasibility and desirability of doing a Gnome desktop. It is
unlikely we will head down that path, in part because it is not in the
critical path for children, our primary audience, in part because it
is not clear what problem it actually solves, in part because it is a
distraction from our primary goals, and in part, Independent of us,
the community has done/will do this port.

-walter