[Testing] Ship Meeting Agenda, for 9/10/07 (today) 11am EDT

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 05:03:42 EDT 2007

Kim Quirk wrote:

>     * Gnome desktop - we had a discussion about where the
>       communications disconnect has been since Nicholas, Mary Lou,
>       Robert, and Walter (and maybe Jim) have all known about the need
>       for a RedHat supported desktop for months.
>           o There is no plan internally for this project. Perhaps the
>             plan was to do it entirely outside of OLPC people.
>           o Kim's concern is that if this alternate desktop is not
>             well supported it will still reflect badly on OLPC. She is
>             also concerned about prioritizing the usage olpc resources
>             that have high priority bugs and features for trial-3 and
>             FRS. If/when this is an issue she will bring it up with
>             Walter.

Kim, can you please elaborate a bit on the scope and on the uses of this
new project?

A lot of us are working hard on Sugar trying to make it successful
despite the self-evident disproportion between the available resources
and the time/requirements. Seeing resources moved on another project is
both surprising and demotivating.

Thanks,
Marco