[Testing] Journal and Tubes Minutes from 9/4/07

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 14:16:56 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 13:55 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> >    - Multicast is not forwarded across interfaces; so if one XO is a MPP
> >    it can't collaborate with another XO connected to the mesh side. Dan will
> >    write up a trac item to capture this problem -- perhaps we need a 'Multicast
> >    join'.
>
> Server-based collaboration should still work, link-local collaboration
> probably won't. We can't tell which mode was failing in #3134 and #3136 -
> without logs in the bug reports, we can only guess at what the
> problem could be.

We've decided we don't care about this issue too much.  If there is
something like:

We care about XO1 and XO2 talking to each other, but we don't want XO3
to be able to talk to or see either XO1 or XO2.  Until we get multicast
bridging across our interfaces, we don't care about XO3 having anything
other than plain internet access.

Dan