[Testing] Tubes and Journal minutes from 8/16/07

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 15:12:59 EDT 2007

Kim Quirk wrote:
> Attending: Dafydd, Tomeu, Simon Schampijer, Mary Lou, Kim, Marco, Scott
> (http://laptop.org/teamwiki/index.php/Team:J%26T_Meeting_2007-10-16
> <http://laptop.org/teamwiki/index.php/Team:J%2526T_Meeting_2007-10-16> )
>
> TUBES
>
> Scott joined to discuss how to get fixes into the joyride build:
>
>     * Make a directory in some acct on dev.laptop.org
>       <http://dev.laptop.org>, public_rpms and subdirectory 'joyride'.
>       Just put in the rpms.

To ensure we got working builds we also have to compile stuff in the
right environment. We *must* be careful about this or it's going to hurt
us really soon, we don't want to have to track down bugs caused by the
build process.

In some cases you can cheat and just build on a similar one (Fedora 7
for example) but that's not guaranteed to work and in the case of
telepathy I think it's risky.

Using the right environment at the moment means to build packages into
koji. Ideally someone at Collabora would maintain the Fedora packages.
On the short time I can help out with that, it might better to have them
focused on coding rather than installing another distribution and
learning koji.

I think we should also improve the build system to pick up the packages
which are built into the koji olpc-2 branch, so that it's easier to do
the right thing.

public_rpms is good to quickly throw snapshots (or experimental stuff)
into the build, but I don't see how it could be the normal way packages
goes into the build.

Marco