[Testing] Getting more people involved in testing

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 10:34:32 EST 2007

Hi folks.  I've spent a lot of time over the last week thinking about
testing, and how to get more testers involved -- a *lot* more testers.

So here's what I've come up with.  Please take a look:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Testing_Project
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Testing_Matrix
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Testing_Template

It's similar to the Test stuff that's already there -- but with a
somewhat different focus:

1. To focus on particular activities, since they seem to be getting short
shrift;

2. To make it dead easy for potential volunteers who do *not* have a
laptop, by giving them quick and easy guidance on how to get involved,
*right now*;

3. To have a page (the activity matrix) where, at a glance, everybody
knows:
   * Who developed what activity;
   * Who is testing what activity;
   * How that testing is going.

===

Again, please look at these new pages.  If you have any feedback, PLEASE
let me know soon.  Especially if you think I'm screwing something up.
Find me on freenode, in #olpc-qa.

===

So.  Assuming I'm *not* screwing anything up, here's what I'd like to do
today, with everyone's/anyone's help:

1. Populate the Activity Matrix with as many activities as I can find.

2. Add the Activity Testing Project pages to the "Test_issues" page which
is currently linked from the left nav.

3. Announce it to everybody I know, and try to get every single activity
on the Activity Matrix picked up by a Test Owner by the end of the week.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager