[Testing] Any thing need to update on MPP for mesh network?

Michail Bletsas mbletsas at laptop.org
Fri Jul 13 11:13:58 EDT 2007

Kim,

I just tried build 505 and it doesn't seem to be able to configure an IPv4
address on the mesh interface automatically.
I am in my hotel room, I want to able to open the laptops and have them
talk to each other. I can connect and get an address from a public hotspot
(that my Panasonic is unable to ;-), but the mesh interface isn't getting
configured.

Build 499 was doing that, I will now try build 502.

M.

"Kim Quirk" <kim at laptop.org>
Sent by: testing-bounces at lists.laptop.org
07/13/2007 08:53 AM

"Bryan.Ma at quantatw.com" <Bryan.Ma at quantatw.com>
cc
testing at lists.laptop.org
Subject
Re: [Testing] Any thing need to update on MPP for mesh network?

Hi Bryan,
With the 502 build, I was able to start one laptop, click on the
infrastructure Access Point and make sure it had a good connection to the
internet. Then when I started the second laptop, it connected to the mesh
from the first one; it never got a 'good' IPv4 address, but it was able to
connect to the internet as well through the mesh.

I see that there is a build 505 today, and I believe that this one may
have fixed a few more problems with collaboration, so I will put the
information I find about connectivity and suspend/resume in there.

I expect this basic test should still work. You might want to turn on only
one laptop first until it has a good connection to the AP; then add
others.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes

Regards,
Kim