[Testing] Test meeting minutes, 7/9/07

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 14:31:48 EDT 2007

Kim Quirk wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> We had set up a schedule that we would take builds every day last week
> and then just two builds this week and hopefully just one build next
> week (code freeze). We had this discussion with J5, but we didn't send
> it out to the entire dev team. That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

OK, we really need this kind of information to be available to the whole
team. Most of the Sugar team is working remote, which makes pretty
difficult to track what is going on in the office. We need to know a
little in advance when the testing team expect builds so that we can
make sure the bug fixes are in and stuff generally working.

> We need the bug fixes that we are expecting to continue to get checked
> in so they will be in the next build. So this week we have the 494
> build; and we hope/expect to get a build on Thurs night or Friday.
> That will be RC3.
>
> We actually took a quick look at 495 and it was so broken it didn't
> start up sugar. So we are using 494 for the next two days.

Yeah, a new build which fixes this should be out soon.

Marco