[Testing] Test meeting minutes, 7/9/07

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 09:04:39 EDT 2007

Kim Quirk wrote:

>     * We want to make sure that there really is a feature freeze - no
>       new features should be added to this stream. Kim and Jim need to
>       follow up on this and make sure that developers who are working
>       on new features have some place else to check them in.

Can we define "new features" better?

For example, we have several tickets filed for the intro screen. There
is a new design for it which we should implement at some point. Instead
of wasting time on the old design I was considering to just implement
the part of the new one which would give us feature parity and get the
bugs fixed this way. Would that qualify as a freeze breakage?

My feeling is that given the pre-alpha status of Sugar, forcing a too
strict feature freeze might not be beneficial.

About making sure developers has a way to continue unstable
developement... Git branches sucks so much that I probably wouldn't
suggest using them. On the other hand, with the centralized development
model we are using, creating new git repos for each project would be
quite a pain. I can't think of a good solution here, just exposing the
problem...

Marco