[Testing] Journal and Tubes update, Tues 12 noon; Security update, Tues 4pm

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon Aug 20 14:19:24 EDT 2007

Please join at noon on Tues to provide updates and concerns on journal,
datastore, presence and tubes.

Also, I would like to start a weekly Security update meeting on Tuesdays at
4pm starting tomorrow. We need school server support for all of these items,
so we need some representation from school server people as well.

The agenda for both meetings will be focused on the associated features for
trial-3 (https://dev.laptop.org/roadmap), pasted below for reference:

XO Features:

   - USB-based upgrades with backup/restore
   - Journal: initiates backup to server, versioning, auto-install of .xo
   files, tags, sorting, filtering, scalability (also see Tomeu's email below
   with his issues)
   - Security: Real crypto activation, signed upgrades, containers
   without restraints
   - Power Management: OHM features(is this done?), turn off wireless
   with lid close
   - Mesh/Sugar UI: Groups, invites, badges/states of connectivity,
   extended taskbar icons, splash screen, visual scalability, Grab/scroll
   feature
   - Tubes: improvements in large messages, activity properties (titles,
   tags), invites, scalability in mesh traffic, robust mesh protocol
   - Activities with taskbar icons: Read, Write (need caps lock), Camera,
   Paint, Browse (need tabs, bookmarks), Chat, eToys, TamTam, Turtle Art,
   Measure
   - Other Activities (may not be available in taskbar): Content Bundle
   Activity, Watch&Listen, Newsreader, Journal, Library, Develop (console
   only), Block Party (this list is still being worked)
   - X server update to 1.4

School Server:

   - Remote access to server (IPv6 tunneling)
   - Server upgrade (fedora yum, what to do with locally changed config)
   - Support for Laptop Backup/Restore, upgrades
   - Name resolution, Presence Service (jabber), DHCP/RADVD, Web Cache
   - Activation, Registration
   - Support for differential file store (Journal backup to school
   server)
   - Content, Web interface for large content pull (catelog), Content
   push
   - Hooks for filtering
   - Web Server

Please put these update meetings on your calendar weekly.

Call in number:
 From the United States
        866-213-2185
 From Outside the United States