[sugar] notes on 8.2.1, specifically 767

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 04:36:37 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 14:44 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

> I agree that it sucks, and I had done some work to enable PDF viewing
> from within Browse: check out
> http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/pdf_embed/Screenshot.png
>
> To make it work, install the RPMs in
> http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/pdf_embed/ and copy the uncompressed
> version http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/pdf_embed/sugar-pdf-viewer.gz
> into /usr/bin and make it executable.

We set up our own digital library and digitized Nepali books because
there are so few in digital form. This is true for many developing
countries.

When I open this link I get "confirm download" option and then get
nothing

http://www.pustakalaya.org/eserv.php?pid=Pustakalaya:209&dsID=Uhu_Uhu_web.pdf&date=Mon,%2026%20May%202008%2013:30:26%20GMT

URL is a little weird because we are using Fedora-Commons (unrelated to
fedora linux) an open-source library management server.

I could open this w/ Browse on 703 but I can't recall if that was using
the latest Browse. The pdf won't open on 767 w/ Browse v98

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director