[sugar] Sugar on Gnome mobile

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 01:56:13 EST 2008

I believe GNOME Mobile is still positioned as a platform with the
various existing GNOME technologies (eg: Dbus, GTK+, GConf, etc). We
already use a significant number of components from that platform.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mobile-devel-list/2008-November/pdfibiPQanYOb.pdf
is a good example of how a existing framework uses GNOME Mobile.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 8:17 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten a chance to look at Gnome Mobile and how it might
> serve as a platform for Sugar.  The development rate is starting to
> pickup.
>
> I am curious  if the services and APIs provided by Gnome Mobile will
> meet Sugar's needs.  The stated goal is being a subset of gnome while
> being small enough to run on low powered netbooks.  If they include
> the right subset.
>
> thanks
> david

Sayamindu Dasgupta