[sugar] Activities packaging

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 09:45:50 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Morgan Collett <morgan.collett at gmail.com>wrote:

> * If possible, don't publish the actual .xo files as uploads to the
> OLPC (or any other) wiki.
>
> It puts a big drain on the wiki when lots of people download .xo files
> from the wiki. They should preferably be linked from the wiki but
> actually hosted on a conventional web server. OLPC provides hosting -
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Project_hosting. If you applied and didn't
> hear back, ask again. You can use the shell account on dev.laptop.org
> to host the .xo files - I put mine in my public_html/bundles so they
> show up at http://dev.laptop.org/~morgan/bundles<http://dev.laptop.org/%7Emorgan/bundles>
> .

We're still planning to get an activities.sugarlabs.org site going at some
point, based on addons.mozilla.org, right?  With comments, reviews, version
history, hosting, etc?  That would be ideal, to have one place which hosts
all activities.

Until then, the low tech dev.http://dev.laptop.org/~user/bundles/ + wiki
page solution is probably best.   I need to move my activities there as my
personal server has not had great uptime this year.

-Wade