[sugar] impatient "kids under a tree"

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Nov 1 16:14:15 EDT 2008

Was in a suburban neighborhood with three G1G1 XOs (767, Q2E19).
The location did not have wireless, though XO Neighborhood View
could often see two AP icons (locked, and not physically nearby).

Wanted to set up collaboration between the XOs.  Arbitrarily decided
on Mesh 11 as unlikely to be interfered with.  [If trying to connect
to the unreachable remote APs, Frame thought they were channel 1.]
Note: none of our three XOs ever had a connection to the internet.
Clicked on Mesh 11 in Neighborhood View in all XOs.  Two of them
quickly saw each other.  The third XO took a long time (let's say
ten minutes) to see the other two XOs.

We were able to focus our experimentation on the two connected XOs,
until the third finally joined.  But is it reasonable to expect
"kids under a tree" to wait for what seems like forever, for
collaboration to be enabled ??

mikus