[sugar] Code review (was: Pippy VS Develop)

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:04:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> No, I told Jameson that I'd review his patches because they affect
> code that has been maintained primarily by me. What happened is that I
> never found time to review those as higher priority items appeared in
> my TODO list, but Jameson has been patiently reminding me to do that.
> So more than a flaw in the process there has been shortage of
> resources or bad judgement of priorities by me.

Dealing with review priorities it's sort of complicated. I tend to
think they should be at the top of list (for the whole team)
regardless of the priority of the specific fix or feature. Otherwise
we block the community or we constrain it to work in the areas that
*we* consider important. Obviously for this to be realistic the
community needs to cooperate and pay attention to trac milestones and
roadmap.

> About slow reviews, I'd appreciate if someone reviewed the patches _I_
> have in the review queue :P

I've been lazy about reviews in the last weeks. I can do better but
Mon-Wed is off for me. We need to add at least another peer to reduce
the load on each of us. Maybe mtd can help out?

Marco