[sugar] [OT] Re: [Sugar-devel] OLPC + Sugar

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 02:52:38 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at bolinux.org> wrote:
> I did see your quotes, found a few friends there. On the one where Gandhi
> mentions he is a Christian (as well as other such):  I have often mentioned
> that I (Yama) find Gandhi's the best example of a Christian lifestyle in
> modern times.  (this is the first time I put this in writing, though, and
> now it will be on record in the internet.  I say that is good)
> This is most disconcerting to many legalistic people affiliated with that
> doctrine.

Supposedly when Gandhi was asked what he thought of Christianity, he
replied, "I think it is excellent. They should try it."

> BTW, if I had enough strenght of character I would rather be in an ashram
> environment.  I am looking forward to the opportunities that doing stuff in
> Bolivia will give me to go native, at least a bit.
>
> an as total disclosure, I am an active member of a charismatic Christian
> church, have had strong bonds with traditional Catholicism (Franciscan
> Polish Conventual), find Zen gives many teachings I have a lot of use for.
>  I attempt to follow Christ, know I am too weak, selfish and coward to do a
> good job at it, but I keep trying.

That's why Paul spoke of Christ living in him. Get yourself out of the
way, and let Christ do it.

> Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>>
>> Yamandu Ploskonka wrote:
>>

>>> Ed mentions three legs.
>>> Then, in a Mandelbrothian nightmare each seems to grow quite a few more,
>>> and it's often hard to keep track and to know who actually, if any, has any
>>> decision-making power for any specific purpose, what are the teams, how do
>>> they connect, where do assorted flavors of community intersect...

My favorite game on the computer is gplanarity, where you are given
increasingly complex networks to untangle. I'm up to graphs with
100,000 crossings. If you look at the network of connections on Wiser
Earth, where more than 100,000 NGOs lists themselves, it's actually
much more complex than that. I heard just recently that Google is now
indexing a trillion pages (a million million, or 10^12).

>> Congratulations, Yama!  The above deserves being part of my personal
>> collection of quotes, side by side with Einstein, Gandhi, George
>> Bernard Shaw, Linus Torvalds...

I made a page for quotes on education, at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai/Quotes. WikiQuote is also
your friend.

And Children are my nation.