[sugar] XO identity shared via Browse

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at bolinux.org
Tue Dec 2 22:47:56 EST 2008

> (except I just realized another kid can still see all your stuff by
> using your laptop)

Allow me to say that this might be a good thing, as many sorts of peer
accountability would.

 While _some_ degree of privacy does make _some_ sense, a system that
would be so "private" that no one but the kid would access might be
really insecure in real world terms.

It is hard for me to imagine something that a kid _needs_ to hide from
everyone that would not be a potential danger.

I can imagine pranks (the classic "baggy pants"),
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Baggy_pantsing

Because I have been professionally trained to foresee all sorts of
misuse, I can be as paranoid as to kids' safety as the best.

Maybe I take the good of open source peer accountability too seriously...