[sugar] Question about clipboard service

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Aug 5 13:33:23 EDT 2008

On 5 Aug 2008, at 16:50, Eben Eliason wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 7 - Is cut supported? How do you remove things from the clipboard?
>> How
>> many items can it hold?
>
> Cut is definitely supported, and will remain mapped to the Ctrl-X
> shortcut familiar to many, however it will not retain the same name.
> Instead, we've applied the notion of "cut" as "copy and erase", which
> makes clear that the result of the action is twofold: first it
> performs a copy action, and second it erases the item selected.  Since
> these semantics make "cut" an alternate form of the copy action, "copy
> and erase" will actually appear as a secondary option in the palette
> for the "copy" button itself.

Random though; could there also be potential for a "paste and erase"?
The intention being I could be reading a web article, perform several
copy actions of separate text paragraphs I want to quote, then switch
to write and perform several "paste and erase" actions to pop the
clippings off the stack. Basically an easy way of unwinding the
clipboard stack into another Activity. This could also go hand in hand
with a potential keyboard modifier (Alt?) to allow a drag and erase of
an clipping out of the clipboard in one step**

**usually you only paste an item once, so this extra function would
reduce the management steps a kid needs to do to erase each used
clipping.

--Gary