[sugar] [Testing] New OLPC Process and Rules for Builing Activities, Releases, and Firmware Builds

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:44:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Charles Merriam <charles.merriam at gmail.com>
wrote:

> April Fool's was a good way to present what does eventually need to be
> done, and what is done in some other open source projects.
>
> It's a good way of doing it, and would require some work.  I would set
> up a set of stages with the highest and easiest pay-offs first, e.g.
> building versions with and without activities and with and without
> source would be easy.   I don't know how to implement some of the
> features, especially code coverage metrics.
>
> Does anyone believe OLPC Foundation is up to this style of change?

It is certainly worth discussing, which is why Scott added it to the
schedule for tomorrow's discussion.  If youa re free around 13:30 EST to
present it yourself via the dialin number, that would be ideal; otherwise
someone else will present for you (though perhaps not as passionately) and
you can read the results in the minutes...

SJ