[sugar] Activity Design Review

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:55:35 EDT 2007

Over the past month or two, I've put a lot of effort into mocking up
preliminary designs for a number of activities, most of which are
intended to be core, and the rest of which have potential to be.  Many
of these designs have already been partly implemented.

Still, the process has been fast paced, largely without assistance
from Pentagram, and without too much in the way of feedback in
general.  (And, as mentioned, most were meant to be preliminary
sketches.) We should definitely not presume that any of the activities
thus far designed are perfect, and so we'd like to have a full day
review of all of the designs thus far developed, spending an hour or
more discussing the basics of each, and refining as necessary.  The
sooner we can refine the designs, the better the chance that the
developers can match them by FRS.

Christian and I would like to propose Tuesday the 31st as a potential
date.  Walter, it would be great if you had the chance to join us for
this as well, so feel free to suggest another date as well.  The plan
for me would be to take a train down early in the AM, and take the
last one back in the evening.  Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

- Eben

PS.  Please note that this is a separate event from the general GUI
design review, in which we'd discus global elements such as journal,
mesh chat, bboard, sharing, notifications, palettes, etc. and would
ideally include more people, such as Dan and Marco, if possible.