[sugar] trying to run under OS X parallels

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 19:08:43 EDT 2007

I am trying to install the emulator (build 385) under Parallels (build
1940) on OS 10.4.9 on an Intel iMac. I get tantalizingly close
following the instructions at

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_images_for_emulation

(to which I would only add that setting the VM to autostart and
full-screen mode seems to get things just a tiny bit further.)

I see the initial splash page, Linux boots fine, but I never get sent
back to a GUI. I can login as root, and it sort of works as a console
(the display goes black every few seconds). it also appears that the
DISPLAY environment variable is not set for what that's worth.

I also repeatedly get a message that

Id "3" respawning too fast; disabled for 5 minutes

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Michael Tobis