[Server-devel] Install Internet Archive server on IIAB

Mitra Ardron mitra at mitra.biz
Sun Feb 24 19:41:02 EST 2019

I've made a lot of progress on dweb-mirror and can now run a small
version of the Internet Archive (IA) server on a Rachel3+ or on a RPi
(installed on a raw RPi running NOOBS,

I'm now trying to put it on top of IIAB  on Raspbian :-), getting IIAB
to work was non-trivial and I'm surprised non-geeks succeed, if you like
I can write up the notes I took with some suggestions. Anyway it appears
to be working fine now.

I've installed dweb-mirror on it, *BUT* its not responding as it does on
other platforms. I'm wondering, are you running some sort of firefall on
the box?  I'm trying to go to either

http://box.lan:4244 or http://192.168.0.7:4244 either of which should be
working, but the server is not seeing any attempts to connect.

I'm suspecting a firewall because "ssh 192.168.0.9" works but neither
"ping 192.168.0.9" nor curl "http://192.168.0.9:4244"
<http://192.168.0.9:4244> work.

- Mitra

Mitra Ardron - mitra at mitra.biz
Technical Lead, Decentralized web project at Internet Archive
Australia +61-491-082515; US Signal Telegram Whatsapp +15104231767.
In Australia till 28 Feb 2019