[Server-devel] PRE-Released: Internet-in-a-Box 6.5 Preview 2

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Nov 10 15:43:50 EST 2017

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> Including IIAB 6.5 PRE-Release Notes
> <https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-6.5-Release-Notes> :-)
>
> But just a warning that Raspbian's mirrors (download servers) were barely
> working at all over the past ~12 hours or so, so you might have much better
> luck installing on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Debian 9.2.1 or possibly CentOS 7.4 in
> the coming hours?
>
>    https://github.com/iiab/iiab/releases

Reconfirmed: disturbingly http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org is
hemorrhaging (works less than 50% of the time today, as
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/mirrordirector.raspbian.org confirms)
for almost 24h now.

Consequence: those installing on Raspbian are having to run
"./iiab-install" 10+ Times In A Row today, just to finally get a regular
install (e.g. http://download.iiab.io/6.5/rpi/load.txt) to
incrementally/finally complete on Raspberry Pi 3.  What normally would just
happen on its own within about an hour.

Better to take the day off !

*( Possibly someone knows how we can build more resiliency into Raspbian
package downloads/updates in future, using
https://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianMirrors
<https://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianMirrors> or similar? )*

What's new?  Our prototype replacement for ./runansible allows installation

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !