[Server-devel] Internet-in-a-Box 6.3 prerelease builds @ http://github.com/iiab/iiab

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue May 30 13:56:19 EDT 2017

For those who want to roll with a more cutting-edge build responsive to
community needs (and don't mind bruises along the way!) George Hunt has
helped us all over a major hump this past wkd.  He has rebased to a new
GitHub repo (http://github.com/iiab/iiab instead of
http://github.com/xsce/xsce) hence allowing rolling community
implementation / rolling feedback to advance in more functional/deliberate
& real community wave.

Thanks especially to Tim Moody who helped structure & organize this over
previous months, allowing this new framework to take shape -- even if not
"nightly builds" in the classical sense -- that's the idea!.  *To permit
our offline implementers' community to both come together and build
together.*  Conclusion: please don't hesitate to sign up for a GitHub.com
account if you haven't yet, and enjoy helping free offline content/gems
increasingly get organized for all!!

PREVIEW: IIAB 6.3's "master" branch is increasingly installable on
Raspbian, Debian, Ubuntu and CentOS *if* you're genuine guru, and choose to
keep up with evolving bleeding-edge progress + warnings @
http://tinyurl.com/iiabminutes and similar places!  Sometimes of course,
Raspbian support will be stronger than on other OS's, depending on the
degree of community testing coverage for each OS we each bring to this
global table~

*So as we push Internet-in-a-Box forward to serve new kinds of communities
on essentially every continent: never hesitate to ask us/all questions on
these mailing lists, on our regular calls, on our irc chat (#schoolserver
on freenode), and also on modern community forums like Discourse @
http://IIAB.io <http://IIAB.io> !*

ASIDE: of course outside of this development branch, those who don't want
to build from scratch and need a comparatively stable (if sometimes stale!)
"quick install" image for a quick demo etc, don't even hesitate to grab
April 2017's release of IIAB/XSCE 6.2 here:

   http://download.iiab.io/6.2

Reading up on your options/opportunities in our FAQ here:

   http://faq.iiab.io