[Server-devel] in plain english: How to Add Content to Internet-in-a-Box

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 16 21:42:17 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 09:19:02PM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> Today I've overhauled most of the "Add Content" section at the
> bottom of our Internet-in-a-Box (formerly XSCE) install doc:
>
> https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/wiki/IIAB-Installation#add-content

It is, frankly, frightening.  Write for your audience, and close the
loop with your audience.  Make the process easier, cleaner, and write
without disclaimers, warnings, or redundant expressiveness.  It should
also be less text, more pictures.

As an example of simplified content bundling, have a look at Endless
OS content apps, and Khan Academy Lite's built-in video acquisition UX.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/