[Server-devel] auditing our "IIAB/XSCE 6.2 Networking" overview

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 22 14:27:41 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 01:38:57PM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> Are all the reserved ports here still in actual/ongoing use?
>
> Protocol           Port                  Service
>   TCP              3128            squid / dansguardian

Sugar 0.110 can use this now.  My Settings, Proxy.

>   TCP              3130            squid

Sugar 0.110 can use this now.  My Settings, Proxy.

>   TCP              5000            xs-authserver

Sugar 0.110 does not use this.  No reference to 5000 found.

>   TCP    4369,47893,5280,5222,5223 ejabberd-xs

Sugar 0.110 can use this now, via Telepathy Gabble.

>   TCP              8000            sugar-stats-server

Sugar 0.110 does not use this.  A custom branch of Sugar may have used
it in the past, but the changes did not make it into Sugar.

>   TCP              8080            idmgr

Sugar 0.110 does use this during registration.
src/jarabe/desktop/schoolserver.py

> Any suggestions for ports we should remove from this list, as
> infrequently used in 2017 and onwards?

Widen your net.  Please ask on sugar-devel@ if anybody needs
8000/sugar-stats-server, and remove it if you get no response.

You might also refine that list of open ports to show which are open
on an external network interface.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/