[Server-devel] auditing our "IIAB/XSCE 6.2 Networking" overview

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Feb 22 13:38:57 EST 2017

Are all the reserved ports here still in actual/ongoing use?

Protocol Port Service
TCP 22 sshd
TCP 80 httpd-xs
TCP 631 cups
TCP 873 xs-rsync (xinetd)
TCP 3000 kiwix-serve
TCP 3128 squid / dansguardian
TCP 3130 squid
TCP 5000 xs-authserver
TCP 4369,47893,5280,5222,5223 ejabberd-xs
TCP 8000 sugar-stats-server
TCP 8008 kalite-serve
TCP 8080 idmgr
TCP 8089 sugarizer
TCP 27018 mongodb

Any suggestions for ports we should remove from this list, as infrequently
used in 2017 and onwards?  Just checking with all *(no matter how far
afield, your experiences matter, including security recommendations)* as I
continue to clean up our Networking overview doc just prior to
Internet-in-a-Box 6.2's release:

   https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/wiki/IIAB-Networking

With this new reference alongside, thanks to George:

   https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/wiki/IIAB-Architecture (might later be
renamed!?)