[Server-devel] (probably) the world's highest solar powered schoolserver and mesh setup

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Sep 7 17:47:09 EDT 2016

Good reading, thanks.  Looking forward to more.

The clear bottle packaging of the routers in the photographs is
interesting.  Looking at the climate data for Leh;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leh#Climate

my guess is that the bottle will make a good thermal environment;
spending the most time within the temperature range of the router.
Router radios become less sensitive as temperature increases.

Charting inside and outside temperature would be interesting.

At high altitudes my caution would suggest a watchdog circuit for the
DC to DC converter, to switch it off and then on again if the router
isn't responding.  Especially where batteries are used.  Where no
battery is used, a node will restart next morning, and that may be
enough to handle the more frequent single event upsets.

http://www.dfrsolutions.com/pdfs/2004_HighAltitude_Hillman-Blattau.pdf

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/