[Server-devel] [XSCE] comparison of XSCE 6.1 Admin Console's Utilities on Latest FedBerry/Raspbian OS's

Tim Moody tim at timmoody.com
Fri Oct 28 23:01:56 EDT 2016

  *   Change Password: works (feedback missing if password change fails, e.g. if less than 8 characters etc)

yes, a known problem and on my todo  list

  *   Display System Storage: doesn't show key partitions/space on Raspbian (compare "df -h" or results from a Fedora-like backend)

is this with or without the lvm patch?  the complicated output has been turned off for now in lvm version to gain compatibility

  *   Perform Internet Speed Test
     *   Run 100M Speed Test: never responds, no matter how long I wait, worrisome as I have plenty of bandwdith on both cases :/

did the script install and does it run manually?  uses a 3rd party website I haven't tried in awhile; maybe doesn't work.

  *   Run Ansible by Tag: priceless, given that "Install Configured Options" (ansible) can sometimes take an hour or so to complete!

with the normal caveats that what you get may not be what you expect.