[Server-devel] Internet-in-a-Box endorsed by McDonald's Australia!

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Mar 26 13:32:52 EDT 2016

Anyway here's a strange but real vote of confidence, that the Intel NUC
hardware we ended up using across so many schools worldwide, is
interestingly the same that's used by McDonald's point-of-sale (cash
register) devices in Australia:

https://twitter.com/wizdude/status/675229262371270656

PS we're very hopeful that Pine64.com and RPi3 will stabilize with 64-bit
kernels & clean firmware for offline applications in 2016, such that Not
Everyone has to spend $200++ on a resilient high-end school server at long
last!