[Server-devel] School Server Call: Thursday 10AM NYC Time

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jan 6 19:24:18 EST 2016

Exciting times as we approached Los Angeles' massive Linux show in 2 weeks (
socallinuxexpo.org) where quite a number of us will be presenting Jan 21-24.

Not only will we be showing off XSCE 6.0 (OLPC Schools Server, Community
Edition) and Internet-in-a-Box packaged up and ready to go on new hardware
platforms, but also with many new OER (open educational resource) content
options so developing world implementers can hit the ground running~

Thanks to Sora Edwards-Thro's server work in so many school around Haiti
over the past weeks, a very productive thread refining WiFi tricks for
small school server scalability, has now come together here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/unleashkids/nDdxptNIFpQ

Please join Thursday's weekly live call, 10AM EST (NYC Time) injecting your
own school/server topic into the agenda here:

   http://tinyurl.com/xsceminutes

Finally say hi on backchannel #schoolserver at http://webchat.freenode.net,
to get connected live or even if you don't have time for voice, Thanks !

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org