[Server-devel] [UKids] Raspberri Pi/clone(s) most ruggedizable for OLPC fieldwork?

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Sat Apr 2 14:12:27 EDT 2016

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 1:10 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>
> Will the $15 http://pine64.com <http://pine64.com/> (which just raised $1.7M) become genuinely productizable for truly hassle-free field use with 128GB MicroSD cards by late 2016?  On the bright side, it accommodates 128GB maximum, which is exactly what we need on the high end in 2016.

Looping back on this...

My PINE64 arrived in the mail today. Mine is the 2GB RAM variant, with gigabit ethernet, but no bluetooth or Wi-Fi (which is an add-in module)

 I actually have a couple of 200GB microSD cards that I just acquired, and I’ll be putting it through its paces. The SanDisk SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A retails for $249, but the actual street prices are $80 (on Amazon)

I suspect it will work fine in the PINE64. Does anyone here have any recommendations for putting XSCE through its paces, or otherwise stress-testing the install, besides normal benchmarking of static HTTP page load performance.

Regards,
Alex Perez