[Server-devel] [UKids] Re: [XSCE] How to put the INTERNET IN A BOX

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Nov 4 12:32:42 EST 2015

On Nov 3, 2015 8:56 PM, "Adam Holt" <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Braddock Gaskill <braddock at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> We need to determine who is maintaining the definitive
"Internet-in-a-Box" archive going forward.  Do we want the new maps to be
the basis for a new maintainer?  That is fine with me if the maintainer is
willing to undertake the duties of getting USB drive images out to
interested parties (not only XSCE).

>> We are definitely doing this and will continue to do this physical
distribution.

>> Tim Moody, Gerry Light

Spelling Correction #2: Gerri Light @ UPenn, working on Rwanda & Uganda,
and inter-school exchanges that get IIAB content/customization moving.

In particular she is helping with: offline learning-cultural IIAB
ecosystems, various permutations of tangible service learning deployment
strategies that not only thrive, but have Lifelong Impact long beyond the
latest "viral" fad..

> and Emmanuel Englehart
>

> Spelling Correction: Emmanuel Engelhart :)
>

>> also have some excellent ideas for strengthening the Internet-in-a-Box
product, the Internet-in-a-Box idea, the Internet-in-a-Box logo (and better
tying together schools around the world part of the Internet-in-a-Box
global community, for that matter!)

>> Full Steam Ahead ;)
>>
>> But also more organically: let's think thru how best to make a
deliberate "2020 Vision" happen during our weekly call 10AM EST Thursday,
even if the official topic is Central America + Nicaragua this week, we can
(and will) make time to get properly started on both-

>>> There is also the question of what IIAB should become.  Now that maps
are mastered by Anish, Khan Academy is handled by KH Lite, and wikipedia
can be handled (minus global search?) by Kiwix, we only have Gutenberg with
search and the Ubuntu full open source software repositories remaining.

http://people.sugarlabs.org/~icarito/newsletter_sugarlabs/ProofSLNewsP4.psf.pdf

http://people.sugarlabs.org/~icarito/newsletter_sugarlabs/ProofSLNewsP5.psf.pdf

wonderful newsletter, and is helping us to prepare enticing new
Internet-in-a-Box content in Spanish TBA Soon !!