[Server-devel] [XSCE] Rpi2 now available, and loads current XSCE master

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 10 17:46:46 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 05:28:48PM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Tim Moody <[1]tim at timmoody.com> wrote:
>
>     [2]http://www.ebay.com/itm/
>     SanDisk-128GB-Ultra-Micro-SDXC-UHS-1-Class-10-MicroSD-Memory-Card-w-SD-2015-
>     /221700292717
>
>     I wonder what the top usable speed for an sd card is for this device.
>
> For such 128GB microSD's, we're now down from $29-shipped-from-China to
> $17-shipped-from-USA.  However "new condition" with "Brand New retail
> packaging" raises question as to whether this might possibly have been used a
> priori?  eBay seller is rated 98.7% so worth the risk?  Limit of 2 per customer
> , but how many earring do we need ;)
> [3]http://www.ebay.com/itm/
> 128GB-Micro-SD-HC-Card-with-FREE-Adapter-10-Class-Universal-TF-Flash-Memory-Card-
> /161471284810

I don't think prior use is likely or a problem to expect.  While
retail packaging machines are easily available, the cost to use them
in a scam would make the scam too expensive.

The most likely problems to expect are devices that haven't passed the
tests at the end of the manufacturing line, that either lose data,
slow down, hang, short circuit, break apart when inserted, or cannot
be ejected.

By selecting temporary agents you may be moving some of the costs of
remediation via your warranty rights under law to yourself.  This is
certainly a viable practice, but to compensate for the risks get four
times the quantity you need, and subject half of them to extensive
tests.

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/