[Server-devel] [XSCE] Changing the XSCE's hostname (or the address one enters in the browser)

Tim Moody tim at timmoody.com
Sat Aug 8 08:05:22 EDT 2015

xsce distinguishes between hostname (schoolserver) and domain name (defaults to .lan).  You can change the second of these no problem in the console.  You can override the first in local_vars, but if you do XOs won't automatically find the schoolserver.  (I have a machine that I named xsce.lan, which works fine.) The expectation is that if you need multiple schoolservers or need to add to an existing network that you will do it by changing the domain name, so only that is exposed in the console.