[Server-devel] XO Vis

Martin Dluhos martin at gnu.org
Sat Jun 14 16:36:28 EDT 2014

On 06/12/2014 10:29 PM, George Hunt wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I meant to ask you today whether XOvis runs on an XO? Or does it take chrome or
> firefox?

It does run in any browser which supports Javascript including Browse on the
XOs. I've tested it on an XO-4, but not on any other XOs (currently, I only have
XO-4 with me). It would be actually be good to verify that it does work properly
on XO-1s as well. Here is the link to the public instance, so any of you can try
it out:

https://martasd.cloudant.com/all_deployments/_design/xovis-couchapp/index.html

This one visualizes data of four deployments from Nepal and doesn't show any
errors anymore:). Only number of devices hasn't been included in the database
for koral and kumdi yet.

> Also I cannot find where I saved the link to the Javascript package you used to
> do the presentation stuff.

The Javascript library I used for the visualization is called Highcharts
(highcharts.com). For the app itself, I used a Couch app framework called Kanso
(kan.so).

> I remember following the link you sent, and saw that they also had another
> package that did long time lines.  I thought I might be useful for looking at
> details and trends of Solar systems.

You might be referring to sugar-stats described here
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Usage_Statistics), which gathers
more detailed data about the system. I've been intending to visualize those as
well, but that's still remaining on the TODO list for the project.:)

Finally, I've just updated the README in the repo of the app with deployment
instructions:

https://github.com/martasd/xovis

Please try to install it following those instructions and let me know if
anything is unclear or if you come across any issues in the process.

Cheerios,
Martin