[Server-devel] [XSCE] ansible install on a 1.75 with low RAM

Tim Moody tim at timmoody.com
Fri Jun 6 14:28:09 EDT 2014

I had a similar issue with a VBox VM that only had 768M memory.  The errors
I saw looked like download timeouts at squid, ajenti, etc. which I put down
to poor internet connectivity as I was travelling.  I upped memory to 1G,
but still had the same problems.

However, I just tried it again at home where I have a fast connection and it
still failed on the ajenti step.  So I tried your suggestion with
tags="ajenti", which failed the first time but succeeded the second.

The error below still looks like network timeout.  The reason this is
important is that we have discussed raising the priority of offline install
based on my assumption that connectivity was the issue, but this will
probably not help if the problem is insufficient RAM.

/bin/pip run on Fri Jun  6 13:49:52 2014
Downloading/unpacking
https://github.com/migonzalvar/ajenti/releases/download/0.99.34-patched5/ajenti-0.99.34-patched5.tar.gz

  Downloading from URL
https://github.com/migonzalvar/ajenti/releases/download/0.99.34-patched5/ajenti-0.99.34-patched5.tar.gz
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 139, in
main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 266,
in run
    requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle,
bundle=self.bundle)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req.py", line 1033, in
prepare_files
    self.unpack_url(url, location, self.is_download)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req.py", line 1161, in
unpack_url
    retval = unpack_http_url(link, location, self.download_cache,
self.download_dir)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 554, in
unpack_http_url
    download_hash = _download_url(resp, link, temp_location)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 458, in
_download_url
    chunk = resp.read(4096)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 380, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(left)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 561, in read
    s = self.fp.read(amt)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 380, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(left)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 241, in recv
    return self.read(buflen)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 160, in read
    return self._sslobj.read(len)
SSLError: The read operation timed out

Tim