[Server-devel] ansible install on a 1.75 with low RAM

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Jun 5 22:23:35 EDT 2014

I've been helping Anish with some server testing. I have a XO 1.75
with 512MB RAM. After installing the 13.2 build, and following
instructions from
(https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.rst)

./runansible fails repeatedly, and at varying successive points. I
suspect this is due to a low amount of RAM and no swap (I see memory
page errors at the console). After running ./runansible a few times, I
decided to install using one playbook at a time. The initial runs had
failed at squid, so I started there.

ansible-playbook -i ansible_hosts xsce.yml --connection=local --tags="squid"

Installing services like this, with one playbook at a time works.
After all the playbooks, I ran ./runansible again and it ran through
completely.

Putting this out there in case someone else gets stuck.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.