[Server-devel] [XSCE] CentOS 7.0 Released, 3 years after CentOS 6.0

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Jul 20 16:49:33 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2014 11:57 AM, "Anish Mangal" <anishmg at umich.edu> wrote:
> > When I had checked the release notes a few days ago, there wasn't any
> ARM support, at least officially.
>
> Keeping that constraint in mind, it may still be worthwhile to try out the
> build process on CentOS 7. I didn't get much success on CentOS 6.X.
>
> It may also be worthwhile to explore the portability of the ansible-driven
> install process on Debian for ARM.

FWIW project leader's release announcement (at planet.centos.org etc) say:

"Coming Soon. We are currently working to extend the portfolio of content
we deliver for a major release. In the past its only been iso media and
install tree's, but with CentOS-7 we are also going to deliver...As a part
of the expanded Core efforts, we are also going to attempt to deliver a
CentOS-7 release for 32bit x86, ARM and PowerPC in the coming months."

Similarly he wrote in March:

   "ARM32 build effort on CentOS-7beta ( and ongoing ). We'll see you on
the Arm-Dev mailing list"
   http://karan.org/blog/2014/03/26/the-arm-plan-for-centos/